The original chain bridge built in the years 1847-51 was replaced by this new steel one, after an accident on the 15.9. 1886, when it fell during a military parade due to the march of the troops. There is a monument of Miloš Sýkora nearby (author K. Babraj) to commemorate a local citizen who gave his life to save the bridge from Wehrmacht at the end of the second world war. The steel riveted arch bridge together with the bottom deck was made in the Vitkovice ironworks in 1913 based on a design by Ing. Bleich.
Moravská Ostrava a Přívoz